Die Empty




Hi there, I opened my blog today. March 4th. The only day with a command. 'March Forth.' What a day do great things.

Opening a blog...the feeling...takes me back to that day.

I remember that day...

I was in the printing office for hours on end,  mentally drained, shifting my 'bom-bom' all over the place.

But I remember the moment...Finally, the Hardcover copy of my final year project for my undergraduate studies was handed over to me.

I was almost brought to tears.  I think I cuddled up my 'new born baby' and kissed it's imaginary nose like a mother who just put to bed would.  It would not be wrong to call 'it' 'baby'; It was the embodiment of my research, sweat and words I slowly wove to life for over a year.


It was supposed to be just a 'project' but I got too deep, mated it with it and I knew I was giving birth to something - but not without the pangs; It gave me headaches, like serious ones, gave me my worst depression bout. (especially periods I had a brain freeze or what is called a 'writers block'.) I was slighted by some folks who thought I was taking the thing too seriously. They suggested that I should just 'copy and paste' if it was giving me much trouble. But I was (am) a writer and I would offend the gift in me if I did that. I was even told off by someone, "A writer who cannot write his own project." I didn't blame them. All of them had said what they said out of the version of the operating system of love that was running in them at the moment. Yes, they had every right to talk actually. That same project was ONE of the reasons (emphasis on ONE. I had a lot of issues) I had an extra year in school. Disappointed people in the process - parents, lecturers, friends, bestie, in short, everybody. So when the 'Project baby' was born. I was fulfilled and gladly glad it was over.

Ok, question...

'Why does the writeup talk about 'birth' when the title says 'Die Empty?'

I will answer the question, let me digress a little.

Opening a blog takes me back to the moment of my first 'published works', like the latter, it is actually the birthing of the potentials within me.

But there is a wide difference opening a blog and 'publishing a book'

'Publishing a book' is the end to a beginning. (i.e after the research, writing and editing, then the publishing)

But opening a blog is the beginning of an end, can't tell where it will end. Like taking a journey, exploring the sea, boundless. Like starting a game not like Call of Duty that has an end but rather like Subway Surfers or Temple Run - you must just keep on running, no breaks, no rest,  no stage ends until the monster or the train gets you. Thankfully there is nothing like a monster or a train to end me here.

This blog has been a long time coming, it has been in the womb for years, blocked by massive fibroids of fear - fear of failing and I've failed many times. A seasonal movie can be made from it.

By his grace and mercy,  I have had series of surgeries under the persistent exposure of the light and surgical knife of God's truth, knowing my identity in him, I have made a commitment that every idea,  every article,  every concept, every book-child and every 'treasure in this earthen vessel' must come out of this womb of greatness that will bless humanity and outlast my time on earth. I can't go back to my Maker with He has deposited. YOU CAN'T! WE CAN'T! Your greatness cannot die in your womb! We must leave this world, not before spilling all our contents and 'Die Empty' like Myles Munroe will always preach again and again. This blog-baby will grow into a nation that will be the joy of many.


I invite you to join me on this journey. Everyone who carries something and is not afraid to die empty. I hope you would be constantly exposed to words that would incite you to do right and live for Christ.

I am Emeka, a blood-washed son of the Awesome God, scribe-priest-king, Spirit taught word-chef (Logos-Prime class), wielder of the pen-dagger inked in blood-red, a force, a scribbler of words that are seasoned with salt and skewers the heart. 'How Forcible are Right Words.' Job 6:25.Welcome to FRW, I do not despise my little beginnings.





Forcible Right Words is hereby declared open in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Feel free to step right in, anytime. 

You are welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Way IV

Similitude: Don't act dumb on your smartphone

Family Way: Part II