You are not Furniture

Photo Credit: techpoint.ng
Hi guys,

How's your day?

'Arrgh Mondays!'

Like I usually say, Fine or not, in all give thanks. It could be worse. Your lips must give glory to God.

I was wondering what to write about when a memory dropped into heart, triggered by a phrase I bumped into last week,

"Speed is good but Direction is better"

'Hmm... Nice.' I thought.

I thought and dwelt on it and somehow my mind went back to 16th, February, this year.

I was in a communications super store where digital gadgets such as phones laptop and associated accessories were sold.

After many months of indecision, I had finally made up my mind to join the android family, because I wanted to get serious with blogging and my laptop was acting up. Much earlier, I had gone round stores for a while asking for Blackberry products but all of the stores I went to were telling me the same thing, 'There is no Blackberry product in the market right now'. I used to consider myself a Blackberry faithful. I was once infatuated by their Z series.

But Blackberry, what happened?

Permit me to do a lament right now?

"Oh Blackberry! How are the mighty fallen!"

*blows into tissue*

OK, moving on...

So finally, I decided to join the Android family and to stop my very picky self from sleeping in the store, from looking at the specifics of each phone in the store. I closed my eyes and took the plunge for a Tecno CX Air.

I made the necessary payment and did a test run with the engineer that was stationed at the store, got a SIM card in the next shop and headed home, excited to consummate the relationship with my first android device ever.

I got home and took out the phone from the pack, brought out the SIM to insert it inside the phone.
Traditionally, most phones I have ever come across were always opened from the back to insert the SIM.

I tried to loose the back of the phone like I would do to any other phone, it wasn't coming off,

"Ah ahn, why is this phone so strong like this" I wondered, as I applied more force. I didn't want my younger brother to come back and see that his senior brother has not started using the phone because he couldn't open the phone.

I tried harder... It was looking like I was making progress... Or so I thought...

It was when I made a dent, I realized I must be opening it the wrong way.

I panicked.

I resolved to return back to the store. I spent quite some money to make the journey, but I didn't mind. I just wanted to see the problem through. I met the engineer in the store and narrated my dilemma to him. He looked at the phone to check for damages and he made a statement that sliced my heart like a katana (anime style) and made me look for my brain with a magnifying glass;

"But, You should have CONSULTED THE MANUAL." he said. 
Everything else happened in a blur. I sha know I was saying 'Yes' and nodding my head to everything he said....

"But you should have CONSULTED THE MANUAL."
The statement played over again and again in my head. It was the ripple effect of being struck with sense.

I did notice though, that he took a small pin from the pack to remove the SIM card slot from the side of the device.

"But you should have CONSULTED THE MANUAL."
I so much wanted to get of the shop. I felt really embarrassed. When he fixed it for me I thanked him and left the store.

Now why this post.

I meditated on this  and I decided to share the obvious lesson and some other knowledge that dawned on me.

1. We are God's creatures. His masterpiece, apex of his creation We can't afford our live our lives by 'try-and-error'. We should consult the manual of our lives, which is the Word of God.

Even Jesus coming and functioning to this world had to be regulated by the dictates of the Manual of Life.

Psalms 40:7-8
[7] Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, [8] I delight to do thy will, O my God...
Do well to check and crosscheck (Isaiah 61:1-2, Luke 4:18-19)

Instructions in a manual are put in place to keep the product safe, increase longevity and maximize impact.

Some of the stress, friction, hardship we go through are needless all because we don't seek the counsel of the book written for us.

God says in Hosea 4:6

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Just as I would have destroyed my phone due to ignorance

Note God said, 'MY PEOPLE.' not Outsiders or non-believers. So you can belong to God and still be held down by a problem because you have no knowledge.

I thought and thought about this story and I asked myself, 'are our lives really configured to be directed by the scriptures? At least, not every man-made product requires a manual e.g. plastic, utensils, furniture etc' Good question right?

But the answer dawned on me almost immediately,
The more sophisticated (in this case, meaning complicated or complex creation) a product, a creation is the more it needs a manual and the more detail it will demand.

Your rubber plate, cup or potty require no manual
Your utensils need no handbook,
Furniture require no manual.
Their function is quite plain.
Apologies if your furniture has a manual. Don't sue me please. I just have never come across furniture with a manual.

So my dear reader, like I said earlier, You are God's masterpiece, the apex of all his creation. You are not some error, someone's mistake. Even as stupid, ugly, defeated and unwanted as you feel. You were wonderfully crafted and strategically designed to achieve a purpose in the big picture of the Creator in this realm. Your sophistication requires a manual, a map chart to guide you through the course of this life. And it is very detailed and designed to be uniquely adaptable to you.

The word is able to make you wise... 
The word is a lamp to your feet
The word is a light to your path
The word is the handbook for life. 
YOU ARE NOT FURNITURE. 
And if you feel you have damaged yourself, even beyond repair, you've tried all you can but all that can be seen about your life are patches and scars.

Go back...

Back to the Creator, the Master designer. He will fix you and even better, make you new from the inside out. And your world will definitely know and testify.

Thanks for reading. Have a great week.

Let's I forget, my phone is two months today! Yay! I love you phone. You've been so useful. Sorry for the times I hurt you and misused you. I'm sure we would have more good times together.

Thanks for reading again. Value you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Similitude: Don't act dumb on your smartphone

Bitter Leaf Soup

Family Way: Part II